Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Going Back To College....With Two Kids and a Mortgage.

The idea of going back to college probably stemmed out of boredom. And a slight fear of what our futures held. And also some avoidance on my part of going back to work right now. But mostly we were just tired of feeling like we had failed.

I have mastered the art of the round-about answer to the question, "What was your major?" Simple. I studied Architecture at UT. Not I graduated. Not my degree is in. Just I studied. I am sure it was clear that I didn't have my degree, but at least I didn't have to outright say I had quit. And at the time that I quit, I never imagined it would be over ten years before I returned to school. Sometime along the way, I had given up on the idea of ever returning. Yet one afternoon, when Kenny and I sat contemplating what we wanted to do with our next thirty years, the idea of going back to school came up.

Soon going back to college became more than an idea, and very shortly Kenny and I will both be returning to college....with two kids and a mortgage.

No comments:

Post a Comment